二:What is the main production and application value of modified starch?
1. Modified starch has a wide range of applications and can be seen frequently in our life, with applications and developments in paper, textile, food, construction and medicine.
2. Due to the variety and functions of modified starch, it is widely used in food products, mainly as food additives such as binders, emulsifiers, thickeners and stabilizers, which can not only reduce the ingredients of food production, but also improve the quality of food products, bringing considerable economic benefits to the food industry.
3. The most important production and application value of modified starch is that it can bring some better and more excellent characteristics than ordinary starch, such as improving the taste of finished products,
improving the organizational state of finished products, enhancing the processing performance of products, strengthening the tolerance of products, etc. This is to add some unique properties and advantages in different aspects of raw starch.
4. In rice and flour products, modified starch can improve the taste of rehydration, chewiness and elasticity, and also prolong the storage time;
5. in dairy products as a gelling agent to improve the gel performance;
6. in baked goods as a thickener or stabilizer to improve the quality of food;
7. in beverages as a stabilizer or encapsulant for some flavors and microcapsules; in confectionery not only to improve the gel of gummy candy, but also as a polishing agent for hard candy In frozen food, it can effectively improve the anti-freezing and thawing ability of food and ensure the quality and taste of food. The number of similar applications is endless, which shows the status of modified starch in food.